How to make a donation to the Baobab Foundation:
- Send an email to the Baobab Foundation to info @baobabfoundation.co.za and let us know:
- 1) which programme you would like to make a contribution towards and
- 2) what amount (in Rands, Dollars, Euros, Pounds) you will be contributing to each programme.
- We will send you an invoice indicating your donation amount for each programme.
- Make a bank transfer to the Foundation Account and inform us of your payment.
- We will confirm receipt of your payment by email and issue a receipt (or Section 18 receipt for use in South Africa).
- Your donation will be allocated to the correct program account and we will let you know when and how it will be used.
1% for the Planet
We are a 1% for the Planet nonprofit partner, so please check if you are a business or individual member so that you can record your contribution to us. onepercentfortheplanet.org/
Where are we situated
We are situated in Louis Trichardt (Makhado), Limpopo Province, South Africa
The Baobab Foundation is a registered Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) with the South African Department of Social Development. The Baobab Foundation is registered with SARS (South African Revenue Service) as a Public Benefit Organisation with a tax number and can issue Section 18 receipts which allows donations from South African Companies to be tax deductible.
Registration number: 179-327 NPO
Tax Reference Number: 9014328273
Dr Sarah Venter
Sarah founded the Baobab Foundation in 2014. She has a PhD in the Ecology of Baobabs and is one of the founding members of the African Baobab Alliance. She has spent many years promoting the conservation of baobab trees and working with rural communities in the Venda area of Limpopo Province. She is also the owner of EcoProducts, a company which works with rural baobab fruit harvesters to make organic baobab powder and organic baobab oil to sell on the global markets. Sarah is also the owner of BaoCare, a company which produces a range of 100% natural multi-tasking skincare products using baobab oil.